Diagnose Yourself: Using Other Hair Loss Scales

There are several scales for measuring hair loss. The most popular is the Norwood system, which measures overall pattern of hair loss and is based on the previous Hamilton system. More specific scales for density, frontal lost, middle loss, and rear loss exist and are known as the ‘Savin Scale.’ A separate scale exists for female pattern hair loss known as the ‘Ludwig Scale.’


Ludwig Scale

The only scale measuring female pattern hair loss (overall thinning).


The scale for measuring hair density.


The scale measuring frontal hairloss specifically.

Savin Midscalp

The scale measuring hair loss at the mid-top portion of the scalp.

Savin Vertex

The scale measuring only rear pattern loss at the vertex.

Add Comment Register

Leave a Comment