Hair Genesis is a mostly natural formula marketed for combatting hair loss. Hair Genesis is actually several products sold both separately and as a package. The different products include a vitamin and mineral dietary supplement, topical activator serum and shampoo and conditioner. The Hair Genesis dietary supplement pills are taken twice daily and contain:
- 50mg BetaSitosterol
- 200mg Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (85/95% liposterolic standardized)
- 50mg Lecithin
- 100mg Inositol
- 25mg Phosphatidyl Choline
- 15mg Niacin
- 100mcg Biotin
The topical activator serum’s active ingredient is 5% minoxidil in the men’s formula and 2% minoxidil in the women’s formula. Other ingredients include Alcohol SDA-40, Propylene Glycol, Deionized Water, Polysorbate-80, Isoceteth-20, Hydrolyzed Mucopolysaccharides, Beta-Sitosterol, Biotin, and Citric Acid. Hair Genesis is currently planning a multi-center, clinically controlled study performed by the same independent trial centers that administer FDA trial studies.
Hair Loss Treatment Type:
Minoxidil 2%/5% formula as well as dietary supplement of natural vitamins and minerals to inhibit DHT, the male hormone causing hair loss.
Hair Genesis claims to halt hair loss and help regrow some hair. It does contain 5% Minoxidil in the men’s formula and 2% Minoxidil in the women’s, so it should grow some hair in many people for that reason alone.
Hair Genesis is currently setting up clinical studies performed by the same centers that perform FDA studies. In two uncontrolled studies performed by Hair Genesis of 25-30 men and women, the treatment showed the following effects:
- No drug interactions or side effects were seen
- 100% of the study participants reported no further hair loss
- 33% of participants reported noticeable thickening of hair in one study and 84% of participants in the other
- 7% of participants reported dramatic thickening after continued treatment in one study and 0% of participants in the other