USER’S AGREEMENT AND RULES OF CONDUCT FOR REGROWTH.COM MESSAGE BOARDS
Use of and participation in the Regrowth.com message boards (“interactive community”) are contingent upon your acceptance of the following terms and rules. By participating in the interactive community, you acknowledge your acceptance of these terms. For purposes of this agreement, “Participant” refers to you. “Regrowth” refers to Regrowth.com, Incorporated.
RULES OF CONDUCT
These forums are for discussing hair loss and information associated with hair loss. These guidelines are posted only to bring clarification on some issues where there have been questions in the past. Regrowth could not be any happier with the quality of posts provided by its participants and it is our desire to provide an environment that is conducive to discussions about hair loss. In general what we’re describing here is a code of conduct and if all of our participants will subscribe to this code of conduct most of these rules will be easily observed.
- Show respect at all times.
- Help build the hair loss community.
The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their hair loss discussion home. To ensure continued success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the Regrowth forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums and can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.
- We reserve the right to terminate the membership of any participant at any time, for any reason.
- Advertising of commercial products or services is prohibited. This includes providing links to websites you have a financial interest in, posts in the forums, solicitation through private mail, or any unsolicited form of advertisement. Responding to a specific member’s question is allowed — creation of fake accounts for the purpose of generating a response will result in a temporary or permanent suspension. Final authority and decision on what constitutes a commercial promotion or advertising within the forums will lie with the Webmaster and any designated forums moderators.
- Creation of extra or fake accounts for the purposes of violating the forums rules, advertising, or any other nefarious purpose will result in a temporary or permanent ban of all accounts.
- Personal attacks are prohibited. This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.
- Trolling is prohibited. Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run; it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
- Thread Hijacking is not allowed. Thread hijacking is a form of trolling. Thread hijacking is the act of trying to steer a web forum discussion thread off topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand. While this can be an intentional act of trolling, it is often accidental – caused by other participants in the discussion responding to a throwaway remark, taking the thread off at a tangent to the original subject matter. The results, whilst sometimes humorous or otherwise interesting, often provoke a feeling of resentment from the author of the original post and distract from the original subject matter. If a topic has been thread jacked by a non-related post, the moderators may at their discretion split the thread into another post or take other actions. Members who routinely hijack serious threads will be warned and risk suspension of posting privileges if the behavior continues. If you have to post a divergent topic or jokes in a thread, consider starting a NEW thread instead of distracting from the subject of the original thread.
- Private Messages received on these Forums are to be considered private and are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the private message agrees.
- Creating multiple accounts or accounts with fake information is prohibited.
- Participant shall not post messages containing personal phone numbers or addresses.
- Posting of pornography, racist or otherwise discriminating remarks, threats to cause physical or mental harm, extreme offensive language, material that breaks any law or otherwise totally unacceptable posts or links to pages that contain the aforementioned material may result in an immediate ban from the Forums.
- Spamming the forums is prohibited.
- Please adhere to the following restriction for images:
– Maximum size of image file(s): 35k
- Not responding to or ignoring moderator warnings can lead to suspension.
- Off Topic (OT) are not prohibited, but should be posted within reason. There are some topics that are not appropriate for the forums. All posts are subject to these rules. Excessive OT posts will be dealt with on a case by case basis. If you feel the need to post an off topic post, please place (OT) in the subject line.
- All Forums have a main topic. When starting a new thread, make sure you do so in the proper Forum.
Thank you for being a part of the Regrowth community! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to send us a private message or an e-mail at [email protected].
OWNERSHIP OF MESSAGES
Regrowth encourages the submission of material such as guides, articles, story’s, editorials, and other creative “Submissions” that might be found useful by the community. Authors of such material will retain their full rights to the work; Regrowth reserves the right to publish such submissions on our web site(s) unless the author requests otherwise.
Participant authorizes Regrowth to utilize, in any manner it sees fit and for eternity, the Submissions posted on the site, which shall become the property of Regrowth. Participant releases Regrowth from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising) in connection therewith, and agrees to indemnify Regrowth in connection therewith. Participant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Regrowth site shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, contractual or other special relationship between Participant and Regrowth (other than the contractual relationship between Regrowth and Participant entered into by virtue of Participant’s agreement to these Rules of Conduct.)
Whenever you post a message in the interactive community, your screen name will automatically appear with your message. You may choose a name to use in connection with your messages in the interactive community. However, you may not use a user name (or e-mail address) that attempts to impersonate another person; that belongs to another person, without his or her prior consent; that violates the intellectual property rights of any person; or that Regrowth deems to be offensive.
RIGHTS OF REGROWTH / DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Regrowth is a distributor only (and not a publisher) of its interactive community. The content is supplied by Participant with occasional responses from Regrowth. Regrowth shall not be responsible for policing, monitoring, or editing such content, exercises no more editorial control over such content than would a public library, bookstore, newsstand, or other distributor of content, and accordingly, shall not be responsible for exercising editorial control over such content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Regrowth shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor such content in order to respond to or comment upon communications by Participants and in order to determine compliance with the foregoing Rules of Conduct. Regrowth shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to port or to remove any content whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason.
- The opinions expressed in the message boards are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of Regrowth.
- Regrowth is not responsible for any materials provided by users which are deemed harmful or offensive to others.
- Regrowth is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in these sections of the site.
- Regrowth is not responsible for the content of any sites linked to a Regrowth site.
Regrowth makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content in the Regrowth site or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained therein. All statements, advice and opinions made by Participants in Regrowth message boards are those of such Participants only, and Regrowth neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same.
PARTICIPANT’S INDEMNIFICATION / OBLIGATIONS
Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Regrowth, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of Participant’s use of Regrowth sites, or arising out of any violation of these Rules of Conduct by Participant including, without limitation, any communication by Participant which is claimed to be defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful, which is claimed to violate the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties, or which constitutes a submission of materials.
Regrowth shall have the right to immediately terminate any Participant’s use of the Regrowth site if Regrowth determines in its sole discretion that Participant has violated the Rules of Conduct set forth herein or otherwise breached this agreement, or has engaged in conduct which Regrowth determines in its sole discretion to be unacceptable.