Hair falling is becoming the worst nightmare day by day. Whether you are young or old, you will definitely have hair loss sooner or later. Hair loss is not only losing hair, but it can also turn into losing your confidence and personality.
There can be many reasons why your hairs are falling out. Either this is for some time, or forever there are options that may help.
You cannot always stop your hair from falling out as you’re continuously increasing in your age, but there are some treatments in a market which can help you to slow down the balding process.
As it is rightly said that “prevention is better than cure” so it’s easier to stop your baldness in the first place else than running blindly when the damage has been done. So, it is better to start treating baldness at an early stage to make treatment more effective.
There are many diseases of hair loss and every disease has its own causes. For example, Androgenetic alopecia is the most common hair loss disease. Slowly and gradually it gets worse as they move on. So, Million dollar idea would be so starting its treatment in an early stage to get more effective results.
Dr. Robert of Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration, says “If you’re losing your hair and you have genetic hair loss, using medication …….. is most affected when started early”
A few men begin to feel thin hairs in their mid-20s, while others keep up a thick head of hair very much into their 50s. If you started noticing that you’re beginning to lose your hair and need it to stop, start taking measures now.
Factors in Hair Loss
The hair follicle is a base which keeps every hair into the skin. As follicle produce new hair cells, old cells are pushed out from the skin. Each follicle has blood vessels that help is new hair production.
The hair follicle is friends for life, they are present at birth and stay throughout the lifetime. Every follicle is responsible for growing and shedding of each hair in a repetitive cycle. New hair lasts almost two years after this time growth stops and follicle enters in a resting phase.
Harmon related to testosterone force hair follicle to have shorter than normal hair growth which result as thin hair.
Read Also: Hair Loss in Men
It is commonly acknowledged that genetic foundation impacts strongly on the growth of androgenetic alopecia, however, it is not been determined that the exact way by which family ancestry influences a man’s possibility of treating hair loss.
As far as in women, hair loss doesn’t get a receding hairline or bald spot on top of the scalp as is common in men. Genetics can also play a role in hair loss. Regarding that, there can also be other causes of hair loss, for example, pregnancy, or abnormal level of androgens in the blood.
Extra research is important to give a better understanding of the role of genes qualities and other factors in hair loss.
Both genders face the same frequency of hair loss, however, women might have camouflaged better. In men hair loss normally starts with hair thinning and then towards complete hair loss, slowly and gradually.
In most of the men, hairline moves back. M shaped hair pattern develop as hairline regresses.
Women don’t have the same symptoms as men have while balding. Normally the hair loss is a little less than in men; women rarely experience loss of their hair but don’t mean they totally do not.
As we move on further, there are many treatments offered in the world for hair diseases. Some of the most useful treatments are as follow.
- Drugs: The Food and Drug Administration of the United States has approved two medication for the treatment of hair loss.
- Minoxidil: Minoxidil (Rogaine) is available in the form of liquid and The daily use of treatment regrows hair and prevent hair fall of both genders.
- Finasteride: Finasteride is a pill which is only available with a prescription or advice from a dermatologist.
It may take time to see the result from these drugs, patients need to make regular use to see the benefits.
- Laser Therapy: Low-level laser therapy, which is also called cold laser therapy, may improve hair growth for those who are having genetic hair loss. Laser therapy injects photons into the tissues of the scalp which cause hair regrowth.
It’s broadly acknowledged that the procedure of laser therapy is safe, bearable, and less risky than hair transplant surgery.
- PRP: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is a three-step treatment in which a patient’s blood is taken out, then it is processed, and then injected back into the scalp’s area which is impacted by hair loss.
- Topical Phenylephrine: it may help in hair loss due to styling by stimulating the follicle muscles to contract. This makes hair follicle harder to pull out hairs during brushing, blowing, etc.
- Hair Transplantation: Else than lasers and medication, hair transplantation is also an option. Hair transplantation can be taken as the best long term solution, but it does require a big investment.
A lot more still coming:
Research and clinical investigation for baldness treatment are still going on. Many companies are bringing new products and services in the market which will defiantly help to control hair loss.
There is also a possibility that hair implanting might get cheap as a number of companies are developing new procedures
This is for informational purposes only. The accurate reason for hair loss can only be determined by a medical professional.